This position has now closed
The Shop at Freemasons' Hall requires two part-time sales Assistants
The successful candidates will have general responsibility for the smooth running of all retail areas, but with particular emphasis on Internet Sales, ensuring that customers are dealt with efficiently and politely and dealing with any day to day issues that may arise. No knowledge of Freemasonry is required as full training will be given.
- Delivering outstanding customer service, building a rapport with every customer to create a personalised and outstanding service.
- Working closely with our small but expert team of Assistants and integrating quickly to become a valued member of this team.
- Working towards achieving store targets. This includes sales budgets, controlling costs, customer service standards and the highest visual merchandising standards.
- Taking ownership for one’s own development with the support of the Store Manager and wider team.
- Being responsible for shop floor replenishment and ensuring the store is clean and tidy at all times.
- The highest till accuracy and cash handling procedures will be expected at all times.
The Shop at Freemasons' Hall has a thriving internet business and our Sales Assistants are expected to play a full role in ensuring the smooth and effective running of this business.
- Accurately picking stock to fulfil orders every morning for dispatch later in the day.
- Maintaining the EPOS system and ensuring that all internet orders are handled correctly.
- Packaging items neatly and securely, in a time manner ready for internal posting system/external post collection.
- Book in phone and mail orders and update on customer mailing list on in-house system.
- To undertake any other activities as necessary for the smooth operation of the retail department.
The following skills and attributes are essential:
- Relevant retail experience
- Outstanding customer service
- Highly organised and able plan and prioritise
- Able to work collaboratively to achieve shared goals and objectives
- Self-motivated, taking personal responsibility for getting things done
- Flexibility (to cover rota)
Hours of Work
3 days a week (working alternate weekends).
We are looking for one person to work Monday to Wednesday and the other Thursday to Saturday on a rotating shift basis (every other week). Also, to cover for each other during holidays and/or provide additional cover as required. Therefore this successful candidates will need to be flexible.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: £11,804 gross per annum (£10.81 per hour) + benefits.
- Annual leave 25 days pa FTE (15 days pro rata)
- Health insurance
- Membership of the United Grand Lodge of England’s pension scheme
- Option to join corporate gym membership scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
Thank you for your interest. The closing date for applications for this position has now closed.