This position has now closed
The United Grand Lodge of England – the governing body for Freemasonry in England and Wales – is entering an exciting new phase in its 300-year history as it seeks to change the perception of Freemasonry and encourage the public to see modern Freemasonry through its core values of Friendship, Charity, Respect and Integrity
In order to achieve this the Communications and Marketing team is seeking to attract some talented, dedicated, creative and outstanding individuals to join its team. The team’s expertise will cover all areas of communications including, corporate communications, public relations, social media, marketing, member communications, publications and events. We work on a campaign basis so you need to be a team player, as you will work closely with your colleagues, other departments and our 200,000 members. Freemasons raise £44m in charitable donations and give 5 million hours of volunteer time a year – so there is a lot to shout about – and much to be proud of. If you are looking for a new challenge, which will positively change your career, then look no further than a position at the United Grand Lodge of England.
The United Grand Lodge of England seeks a Social Media Executive. You will be responsible for helping the Communications and Marketing Team implement a new social media strategy within the United Grand Lodge of England.
- To work closely with the existing team and key partners to deliver a creative social media strategy that engages UGLE’s members and members of the public by showcasing the benefits of Freemasonry across all of its social media channels (YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Podcasts)
- To successfully assess and report back to the impact of both the new social media strategy and specific campaigns. You will have strong relationship building skills and the ability to work, and positively influence, key stakeholders across the business
- To be a key influencer internally and be able to confidently showcase the power of social media to key stakeholders in the business
- To stay up-to-date with the latest online and digital trends and to implement these ideas into the social media strategy
- Confidently handle any front of house/customer social media enquiries - dealing with them in a timely manner and show confidence in the scheduling, composing and posting of all group wide social media content
- To set company-wide best practice guidance of social media and train others where necessary
Must have skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling you to work with colleagues co-operatively and collaboratively in the team and across the organisation
- You will have strong relationship building skills and the ability to work, and positively influence, key stakeholders across the business
- You will have a flexible approach both to the type of work undertaken and working hours as required to meet team objectives and ultimately customer needs, taking ownership and responsibility for work and performance
- You will demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate resilience and present yourself in a professional manner at all times
- You will have excellent copywriting and creative skills and be able to quickly grasp how the businesses requirements can translate into outstanding social media campaigns
- You will have experience in a social media role as well as experience in establishing a social media strategy and managing and implementing results orientated social media campaigns
- Experience in managing the social media profile of either a CEO or director is desirable
- Knowledge of Photoshop or creation of video content is desirable
Thank you for your interest. The closing date for applications for this position has now closed.