This position has now closed
United Grand Lodge of England seeks Events and Dining Executive
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Freemasons’ Hall in Covent Garden London. Home to the United Grand Lodge of England, Freemasons’ Hall is a grade II* listed, art deco masterpiece, the centre of English Freemasonry, and hosts the Museum of Freemasonry and the Library. In 2019 there were 40,000 visitors to the Museum and Library, 120,000 visits by member for meetings and 50,000 guests attending private events. The Open House London weekend in Sept 2019 attracted nearly 9,000 visitors over 2 days.
The successful candidate will support the administration and the practical needs for Events at Freemasons Hall including QC Lunches, Open House weekend, Concerts including Organ and Belmont Ensemble and Dining at Freemasons Hall.
Events at FMH
- To help organise Events for United Grand Lodge of England and for Supreme Grand Chapter that are held at Freemasons’ Hall such as (but not limited to) Quarterly Communication Lunches, Annual Meeting Lunches, Investiture receptions, ad-hoc lunches and dinners for the Rulers and the CEO, cocktail parties.
- To help organise events held at FMH that UGLE supports such as Open House London, Only a Pavement Away lunch, Pride volunteers, and charity hirers of the spaces.
- To book all concerts and organ concerts in to the Room Booking System (RBS) and help to make the arrangements for each such as organ tuning, recording and extra security.
- To liaise with the Café & Bar Manager about public events and concerts so they are aware of extra people at FMH.
- To use the RBS to make, alter or cancel all events including adding notes so others at FMH are aware of what is planned.
- To support the Events Manager in completing briefing notes for all Events to share with other UGLE colleagues so they are fully aware of tasks allocated to them or that are required from them.
- To place orders and liaise with suppliers and contractors for Events such as for catering, wines, audio equipment.
Dining at FMH
- To receive and respond to correspondence relating to Festive Boards for Lodges and Chapters.
- To ensure that all dining bookings are entered in the RBS and also on to the list of regular Festive Boards.
- To provide Dining at FMH information to each enquiry and to each confirmed booking.
- To get confirmed menu choices, special diets, numbers as well as wines and drinks for each booking and inform the caterers of all food requirements and check all drinks requirements can be fulfilled.
- To raise purchase orders for each Festive Board for the catering and for stocks of wines.
- To raise invoice requests for each Festive Boards and email to the Lodge/Chapter after.
- To be present and available during events and Lodge dining as directed and required by the Events Manager.
- Organised and the ability to work unsupervised
- Flexibility in approach to solving issues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Able to establish good working relationships with others
- Focus on customers and delivering high quality events
Salary and Benefits
£25,000 (subject to experience) gross per annum.
Plus the following benefits package:
BUPA private medical cover
Pension (3.5% employee & 9% employer contributions – increasing to 12%)
Holiday (25 days increasing to 30 days)
Interest free season ticket loan
Gym membership (subsidised)
Employee Assistance Programme
The successful applicant will work five days a week (35 hours per week). This will include working occasional evenings or weekends.