This position has now closed
Bar Staff (Fixed Term Contract – 12 months)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Freemasons’ Hall in Covent Garden London. Home to the United Grand Lodge of England, Freemasons’ Hall is a grade II* listed, art deco masterpiece, the centre of English Freemasonry, and hosts the Museum of Freemasonry and the Library. In 2019 there were 40,000 visitors to the Museum and Library, 120,000 visits by member for meetings and 50,000 guests attending private events. The Open House London weekend in Sept 2019 attracted nearly 9,000 visitors over 2 days.
We are opening our first café and bar on the premises and are seeking experienced Bar Staff. The Café and Bar at Freemasons’ Hall will serve both the membership and the public and we have ambitions to grow the business to its maximum extent.
The successful candidates will report directly to the Café/Bar Manager on an initial 12 month fixed term contract. The whole operation must present a friendly and welcoming environment in which staff, volunteers, members and customers alike feel comfortable and receive excellent customer service. Guidance will be given from Senior Management. We are searching for engaging and courteous Bar Staff who are passionate about beverage preparation. Duties will include greeting, serving and looking after customers. You will also maintain a clean and well-stocked workspace and dining area, update displays, and continuously expand your knowledge of beverage quality controls, preparation methods, and presentation.
To succeed you should be committed to providing customers with excellent service. You should be positive, friendly, engaging, knowledgeable, and polite.
- Preparing and serving drinks
- Cleaning and sanitising work areas, utensils and equipment and seating areas.
- Properly handle and maintain all equipment
- Describing menu items and suggesting products to customers
- Respond to orders, questions, concerns and complaints in a polite and efficient manner
- Ordering, receiving and distributing stock supplies
- Receiving and processing customer payments
- Observe relevant health and safety standards
*This job description is not exhaustive and is liable to review following discussion with the successful candidate.
Must have skills
- Great communication
- Warm, friendly and engaging personality
- Strong customer service skills and knowledge
- High level of attention-to-detail
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas and processes
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
- Positive and approachable manner
- A passion for hospitality and enjoy helping people to have a great time
- Team player
Salary and Benefits
£20,000 (subject to experience) gross per annum.
Initial fixed term contract – 12 months (potential for extension)
Plus the following benefits package:
BUPA private medical cover
Pension (3.5% employee & 9% employer contributions – increasing to 12%)
Holiday (25 days increasing to 30 days)
Interest free season ticket loan
Gym membership (subsidised)
Employee Assistance Programme
The successful applicant will work five days a week 14.00pm – 23.00pm (40 hours per week) to include a one hour lunch break. This will include working some evenings, weekends and holidays.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
CVs received without a covering letter will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th June 2021.