United Grand Lodge of England seeks an Internal Communications Executive. You will be responsible for supporting the Communications & Marketing Director in building a strong internal comms infrastructure and implementing a new internal comms strategy across the business
In addition, you will be responsible for editing and creating content on a new engaging intranet, which will ensure consistency with our new tone of voice.
The United Grand Lodge of England – the governing body for Freemasonry in England and Wales – is entering an exciting new phase in its 300-year history as it seeks to change the perception of Freemasonry and encourage the public to see modern Freemasonry through its core values of Friendship, Charity, Respect and Integrity. In order to achieve this the Communications and Marketing team is seeking to attract some talented, dedicated, creative and outstanding individuals to join its team. The team’s expertise will cover all areas of communications including, corporate communications, public relations, social media, marketing, member communications, publications and events. We work on a campaign basis so you need to be a team player, as you will work closely with your colleagues, other departments and our 200,000 members. Freemasons raise £44m in charitable donations and give 5 million hours of volunteer time a year – so there is a lot to shout about – and much to be proud of. If you are looking for a new challenge, which will positively change your career, then look no further than a position at the United Grand Lodge of England.
- In charge the UGLE’s intranet site on a daily basis. Ensuring that content is relevant and loaded to the intranet in a timely manner
- Ensuring the corporate brand guideline standards are applied consistency across all internal communications
- Collaborating on and delivering the staff newsletter - The Right Angle – as well as suggesting continuous improvement
- Producing new, relevant and engaging content for internal channels
- Ensuring that the organisational chart is kept up-to-date and is correct on the intranet
- Working closely with the Communications and Marketing Director and HR Director to create a new intranet site which is fit for purpose and successfully communicates the core values of UGLE
- Assess and reporting back to the Communications and Marketing Director the impact of both the new internal communications strategy and specific campaigns
- Provide website analytics and make recommendations to drive engagement on the intranet
- Knowledge of internal communications platforms and CMS systems. (Sharepoint / WordPress)
- You will have strong relationship building skills and the ability to work, and positively influence, key stakeholders across the business
- Liaising with the staff council where required to helping them communicate their outcomes
- Working closely with colleagues from across the business so that internal communications are inclusive and champion a culture that is diverse and open.
- Measuring the performance of content among defined audiences. Reporting on engagement with the aim of continually improving and refining internal communications
- Excellent writing and attention to detail with the ability to craft succinct internal communications in a tone of voice that suits UGLE’s culture and values while also reflecting the subject matter
- Creating communications using video / animation, as well as more traditional text-based communications
- Experience of turning essential corporate messages and data into engaging content using innovative formats
Must have skills:
- You will be someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling you to work with colleagues co-operatively and collaboratively in a team and across the organisation. You will have the ability to work closely with the existing Communications and Marketing team and key partners to deliver an internal communications strategy which will boost staff engagement
- You will have a flexible approach both to the type of work undertaken and working hours as required to meet team objectives, taking ownership and responsibility for work and performance. You will demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate resilience and present yourself in a professional manner at all times. You will be confident and comfortable with stakeholder engagement, with the ability to articulate outcomes accurately and clearly
- You will have excellent organisational, time management skills and attention to detail
- You will take a creative approach to work, identifying and recommending new processes, ideas and ways of working, at an individual and team level, and across the organisation. You will demonstrate an inquisitive mindset, asking open questions and anticipating and overcoming barriers and contribute ideas for continuous service improvement, maintaining quality standards at all times, and showing a willing to learn new skills
- You will have excellent copywriting skills and the ability to bring to life content within the new company tone of voice
- Ideally you will have proven experience in an internal communications role, as well as experience in establishing an internal communications strategy and managing and implementing results orientated communications programmes in order to engage colleagues in the understanding of business strategy, priorities and achievements
- You will ideally have experience of working as part of a fast moving change/transformation programme. Experience of organising staff events and project management experience is also desirable
£22,000 gross per annum plus the following benefits package:
BUPA private medical cover
Pension (3.5% employee & 9% employer contributions – increasing to 12%)
Free Life Assurance
Holiday (25 days increasing to 30 days)
Interest free season ticket loan
Gym membership (subsidised)
Employee Assistance Programme
This is a full time role so the successful applicant will work Monday to Friday 35 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
CVs received without a covering letter will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is close of business on Tuesday 24 September 2019.