This position has now closed
United Grand Lodge of England seeks an Accounts Administrator for the Finance Department
To maintain accurate and up-to-date accounting records in the cashbook and nominal ledger for the receipt of income for membership-subscriptions. To monitor and report on compliance with the organisations financial controls policies and procedures.
- Crosscheck the daily 'rough sheets' from the Registration Department with the cheques/electronic receipts from Lodgers and Chapters.Crosscheck the daily 'rough sheets' from the Registration Department with the cheques/electronic receipts from Lodgers and Chapters.
- Scan cheques, print the listing from the cheque scanner and put the cheques, cash and listing into business cheque advantage bags ready for banking.
- Receipts/cheques to be banked daily.
- Post receipts to the cashbook in the nominal ledger of the accounting system, checking the accuracy of the VAT PZ rating calculation as necessary.
- Liaise with the Registration department and other departments as required to resolve queries.
- Quarterly VAT return – check the accuracy of posting to the VAT module through detailed nominal ledger report. Correct any errors by posting a journal.
- To prepare accounts up to trial balance and any account reconciliations as requested by the Finance Manager from time to time.
- Seek continuous improvement in performance and quality standards (of the job/role or the department or the staff as applicable).
- Attend and positively contribute to meetings, seminars and project groups as required.
- Carry out any other activities, duties and tasks as directed.
Must have skills:
- Accounting qualifications (part qualified) or at least 1 year Transactional Finance experience
- General Ledger experience
- Good standard of general education
- Up-to-date PC skills, detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communicator
- Highly motivated
- Team oriented
Competitive salary and benefits package.
The successful applicant will work Monday to Friday (25 hours) 9am – 3pm in the Finance office.
Thank you for your interest. The closing date for applications for this position has now closed.