This position has now closed
United Grand Lodge of England seeks an Accounts Administrator for the Finance Department
To maintain accurate and up to date accounting records in the cashbook and nominal ledger for the receipt of income for membership-subscriptions. To monitor and report on compliance with the organisations financial controls policies and procedures.
- Crosscheck the daily “rough sheets” from the Registration Department with the cheques/electronic receipts from Lodgers and Chapters.
- Scan cheques, print the listing from the cheque scanner and put the cheques, cash and listing into business cheque advantage bags ready for banking.
- Receipts/cheques to be banked daily.
- Post receipts to the cashbook in the nominal ledger of the accounting system, checking the accuracy of the VAT PZ rating calculation as necessary.
- Liaise with the Registration department and other departments as required to resolve queries.
- Quarterly VAT return – check the accuracy of posting to the VAT module through detailed nominal ledger report. Correct any errors by posting a journal.
- To prepare accounts up to trial balance and any account reconciliations as requested by the Finance Manager from time to time.
- Seek continuous improvement in performance and quality standards (of the job/role or the department or the staff as applicable).
- Attend and positively contribute to meetings, seminars and project groups as required.
- Carry out any other activities, duties and tasks as directed.
Must have skills:
- Accounting qualifications (part qualified) or at least 1 year Transactional Finance experience
- General Ledger experience
- Good standard of general education
- Up-to-date P.C. Skills, detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communicator
- Highly motivated
- Team oriented
Competitive salary and benefits package.
The successful applicant will work Monday to Friday (25 hours) 9am – 3pm in the Finance office.
Thank you for your interest. The closing date for applications for this position has now closed.