United Grand Lodge of England seeks an Administrator on an initial 6 month fixed-term contract (potential extension dependent on workload) to work in the Secretariat Department
The position is available for an immediate start.
The principal focus of the role is to assist existing staff and the Assistant Grand Secretary in preparing the Installations of new Provincial and District Grand Masters and Grand Superintendents. The successful applicant will also assist with planning visits by Rulers to private Lodges and Chapters, and to Provincial meetings. In line with the Department’s aim to multiskill all the staff so that they may each cover the absence of colleagues, there will be a requirement to develop an understanding of many aspects of the administration of Freemasonry in the Provinces and Districts.
The successful applicant will work 9am – 5pm in an open-plan office at Freemasons’ Hall, Great Queen Street. He or she will:
- Possess a meticulous eye for detail.
- Be able to work alone under pressure and to immovable deadlines.
- Be willing and able to contribute to the team at times of heavy demand, reprioritising their own work as necessary.
- Possess tact, diplomacy, and advanced interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have knowledge of the administration of a Masonic Lodge and Chapter, and the ceremonial aspects of ritual. The role will particularly suit someone who has been a capable Lodge Secretary or Scribe E with DC experience.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook, and be otherwise IT literate to adapt to bespoke systems and databases (training will be given).
Please note that the Department is not receptive to applications from smokers.
Competitive salary and terms package applies.
Please attach your curriculum vitae to a letter comprising no more than two sides of A4 (minimum font size 11), which sets out what skills and qualities you can add to the team, and evidence of how these skills have been demonstrated in a previous role. A detailed Masonic cv is not required. Send to:
Mrs E. Gay
Head of HR
United Grand Lodge of England
60 Great Queen Street
The closing date for applications is Friday 26 January 2018