This position has now closed
United Grand Lodge of England seeks an Administrator to work alongside and under the direction of the Senior Administrator
This person will handle matters of Masonic discipline working together and supporting the Senior Administrator, Assistant Grand Secretary and Deputy Grand Secretary.
To ensure that all matters relating to Masonic disciplinary proceedings are carried out in a timely manner and in accordance with all applicable rules.
- Assist and work under the direction of the Senior Administrator and in the absence of; also to the Assistant Grand Secretary and Deputy Grand Secretary to handle Masonic discipline matters.
- Provide advice for Provincial and District Grand Secretaries / Scribes E and their Metropolitan counterparts on any matter related to the Masonic Disciplinary Procedure.
- Coordinate the results of disciplinary hearings at first instance, sending a regular report to the Metropolitan, Provincial and District Grand Secretaries of disciplinary sanctions.
- Coordinate and make arrangements for appeals and pleas for clemency including ensuring the availability of all necessary paperwork and that all proceedings are adequately recorded.
- Assist in the arrangements for the annual investitures of the Grand Lodge and Grand Chapter and the Grand Festival.
- To carry out any ad hoc duties as may be requested which are considered to be within skill, competence and context of the job title.
- Seek continuous improvement in performance and quality standards of the role.
- Set challenging personal targets and review them on a continuous basis as applicable.
- Attend and positively contribute to meetings, seminars and project groups as required.
- Carry out any other activities, duties and tasks as directed.
Must have skills:
- Masonic knowledge
- Knowledge of practice and procedures in Freemasonry
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
Competitive salary and benefits package.
The successful applicant will work Monday to Friday (35 hours) 9am – 5pm.
Thank you for your interest. The closing date for applications for this position has now closed.