This position has now closed
WEB CONTENT MANAGER AND PRODUCT OWNER
The United Grand Lodge of England seeks a Web Content & Product Owner to optimise the UGLE websites to meet the objectives of the organisation. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the website vision and strategy, to develop your product roadmap along with creating an exciting schedule of digital content to further improve web traffic and user engagement.
As Product Owner, you will be responsible for collecting, analysing, and responding to feedback: you’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have achieved the organisation’s goals through quantitative and qualitative measures. You will define product level KPIs, gather detailed requirements and build the user stories driving new website features, functionality and highly engaging content, working closely with our digital agency to deliver the technical implementations.
Ideally you will have had some experience of Agile working practices as you will organise and prioritise the product backlog to best achieve product goals and mission. Working closely with UGLE digital agencies and in-house resource to ensure the requirements are fully understood and the development stays on track. You will also work with the development team to refine and improve the development process to increase development efficiency/velocity.
- Plan and prioritise product feature backlog and development for the website(s).
- Help define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities.
- Assess value, develop business cases, and prioritise features and user stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product and organisational strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of our existing members and potential new prospects and their interactions with our website(s) by tracking events in both the app and the website; and analyse our customer journey data to optimise the usability of our websites.
- Maintain and update web content and image files including writing unique content on CMS system for desktop and
- Serve as an SEO expert, advising teams in other departments on current and future SEO trends and best Apply knowledge and best keywords to enable great performance.
- Develop and manage email campaigns to maximise driving traffic to online and
- Uses analytics to make site improvements, support initiatives and measure the effectiveness of web and digital
- Developing, writing, posting and maintaining content for main UGLE
- Collaborate effectively with IT and other key stakeholder departments. Ensure all functions of the system effectively work with all other applications, operating systems and/or legacy
- Lead cross-platform digital marketing projects for the organisation around events, publications and other key
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Director to ensure good practice and create content across all digital mediums.
- Maintain a website content calendar, covering organisational blogs, external articles, events, and UGLE announcements.
- Act as editorial tone of voice across UGLE websites, upholding standards of quality and
- Managing a running list of landing pages that need to be built, fixed, or
- Prioritise work requests in an organised and timely
- Tracking website performance using Google
- Keep up-to-date with new trends to ensure the continuing enhancements of UGLE
- Organise your own workload, making strategic decisions on prioritisation of projects and small change requests to ensure strategic and tactical priorities are
- Drive effective implementation of change for all projects assigned to the websites, by translating the requirements of the business and agreeing implementation schedules, managing changes, ensuring quality is maintained and contingency planning is accounted
- Be responsible for management of technical issues impacting UGLE platforms by liaising with key stakeholders, including the ICT department and key partners to ensure rapid resolution without negative impact for either the public, members or key
Must have skills:
- You will be someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling you to work with colleagues co-operatively and collaboratively in the team and across the organisation. You will have the ability to work closely with the existing team and key partners to deliver a creative social media strategy that engages UGLE’s members and members of the public by showcasing the benefits of Freemasonry across its websites and
- You will have a flexible approach both to the type of work undertaken and working hours, as required, to meet team objectives and ultimately customer needs, taking ownership and responsibility for work and performance. You will demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate resilience and present yourself in a professional manner at all
- The role will also develop and execute the strategy for email marketing activities including designing and managing external marketing campaigns, email personalisation, testing and measurement.
- Achieving measurable success in implementing major responsibilities and key tasks to agreed timescales, budgets and
- At all times working within organisational procedures and supporting the activities and requirements of the Board, Senior Management and other departments at UGLE.
- Demonstrating visible activity, creativity, effort and commitment toward the achievement of
- Retaining confidential information as it is required to be retained and refraining from creating, participating in rumour and innuendo detrimental to the focus, direction and objectives of the
Salary £40,000 and benefits package:
BUPA private medical cover
Pension (3.5% employee and 9% employer contributions – increasing to 12%)
Free Life Assurance
Holiday (25 days increasing to 30 days) Interest free season ticket loan
Gym membership (subsidised) Employee Assistance Programme Flexible working
This is a full time role so the successful applicant will work Monday to Friday 35 hours per week. Two of these days must be in the office.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
CVs received without a covering letter will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is close of business (5pm) on Tuesday 31 August 2021.