This position has now closed
United Grand Lodge of England seeks a Receptionist for the Facilities department part-time (one day a week on a Saturday)
This role acts as first point of contact for visitors of Freemasons’ Hall by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately.
This person must be able to:
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times
- Give advice and directions to visitors to the building
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- Handle telephone calls to the building outside the normal hours of operation of the switchboard
- Fulfil all reasonable requests from visitors to ensure their satisfaction and safety
- Assist in keeping the Front of House reception area clean and tidy at all times
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbook and issuing/recovering visitor badges
- Receive mail and carefully examine suspicious, unusual envelopes, packages or parcels, advising relevant Line Manager accordingly and contacting the relevant authority as required
- Collect and log any items of lost property
- Ensure that all pertinent administrative systems are maintained
- Operate Helpdesk as directed
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing internal/external training
- Adhere to United Grand Lodge of England’s policies and procedures
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out any other associated duties as required by the Front of House Manager
- Use a two-way radio
Must have skills:
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Positive attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Friendly and professional
- Ability to deal appropriately and effectively in a variety of situations
Competitive salary and benefits package.
The successful applicant will work on a Saturday - 09.00am – 17.00pm.
Thank you for your interest. The closing date for applications for this position has now closed.