This position has now closed
United Grand Lodge of England seeks a Personal Assistant for the Private Office
This role will be to support and work under the Executive Assistant (EA), who reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with the day-to-day running of the Private Office. You will be the main liaison between Board member and UGLE and will cover for the EA to the CEO/Grand Secretary when out of office. This role requires a great deal of flexibility initially working 3 days per week.
- Management of incoming phone calls and emails as required.
- Receive and interact with visitors.
- Main liaison between Board members and UGLE.
- Work closely with the Masonic services and External Relations teams to provide event itineraries for overseas travel.
- Typing of business emails and letters.
- Arrange committee meetings, prepare documentation and create agendas for distribution in advance of meetings.
- Attend and take minutes of meetings.
- Manage incoming post.
- Make sure bookings in the private flat diary and travel calendar are updated on a daily basis.
- Devise and maintain up-to-date soft copy filing and retrieval systems.
- Additional similar tasks will be delegated by the EA in order to support the organisation’s objectives.
- Expenses for the EA and CEO using an online system (Sage).
Must have skills:
- Achieving measurable success in implementing major responsibilities and key tasks to agreed timescales, budgets and costs.
- At all times working within organisational procedures and supporting the activities and requirements of the Board and Committee of General Purposes, and Senior Management.
- Demonstrating visible activity, creativity, effort and commitment toward the achievement of objectives.
- Commitment to work harmoniously and efficiently with and support the Board and Committee of General Purposes, Senior Management and other departments and staff at Freemasons’ Hall.
- Retaining confidential information as it is required to be retained and refraining from creating, participating in rumour and innuendo detrimental to the focus, direction and objectives of the organisation.
Competitive salary and benefits package:
Holiday 25 days (increasing to 30 days with length of service (LOS)
BUPA private medical cover
Pension (3.5% employee & 9% employer contributions – increasing to 12% with LOS)
Interest free season ticket loan
Gym membership (subsidised)
Employee Assistance Programme
Thank you for your interest. The closing date for applications for this position has now closed.