This position has now closed
United Grand Lodge of England seeks a HR Assistant for the HR Department on a part-time basis
The primary responsibility of the HR Assistant is to provide the Head of HR with effective administrative assistance.
Manage the joiner and leaver processes to include (but not limited to) -
- Coordinating all employment related paperwork for new hires and terminations as instructed by Head of HR and passing onto Payroll & Benefits Administrator for payroll processing.
- Prepare induction packs for new joiners.
- Carrying out HR induction for new employees.
- Coordinating probationary review process to include checks and controls around form filling and record keeping.
- Manage the leaver’s process, including exit interviews and confirming to Payroll & Benefits Administrator final pay arrangements.
- Assisting with maintaining the HR system with starters, leavers, training, reviews, holidays, sickness, benefits etc.
- Assist with the recruitment process (in particular preparing interview packs for the week ahead as applicable) as directed by Head of HR.
- Dealing with holiday and sickness absence queries from members of staff.
- Maintain employee files – ensuring all paperwork filed.
- Assist with and organise training as directed.
- Opening and distributing incoming post and arranging outgoing post.
- Responsible for scanning and filing departmental paperwork as directed.
- Ensure all Job Descriptions are kept up-to-date and create new JDs as and when necessary.
- Co-ordinate and provide HR reports relating to recruitment, training, turnover, absence, benefits and general statistics.
- Monitor staff absence levels including co-ordination of return to work interviews and referrals to occupation health adviser where necessary.
- Assist Head of HR with any other tasks as and when required.
- To assist the Payroll & Benefits Administrator with preparing records for the purpose of internal and external audit.
- Responsible for administration of all the completed Performance & Development Reviews (PDR’s) to include logging development and training requirements (May-July).
- Assist Head of HR with salary review process (July-October).
- Coordinate annual flu vaccinations for all staff and tenants as required (October).
- Managing the administration for the Christmas Gift Card Scheme (December).
Additional Tasks (following internal training):
- Provide payroll cover for Payroll & Benefits Administrator (following training) as and when required.
Must have skills:
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Strict confidentiality
- Team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook and be otherwise IT literate to adapt to bespoke systems and databases (training provided)
Competitive salary and terms package applies.
The successful applicant will work three days per week either 8-4pm or 9-5pm.
Thank you for your interest. The closing date for applications for this position has now closed.