United Grand Lodge of England seeks a Digital Marketing Executive. You will have a passion for all things marketing and technology
You will be well versed in the concepts surrounding digital marketing and how the Internet can become a strong asset to promoting key messages and gaining new members. You will be tech-savvy and highly motivated to take on responsibility and make an impact!
The United Grand Lodge of England – the governing body for Freemasonry in England and Wales – is entering an exciting new phase in its 300-year history as it seeks to change the perception of Freemasonry and encourage the public to see modern Freemasonry through its core values of Friendship, Charity, Respect and Integrity. In order to achieve this the Communications and Marketing team is seeking to attract some talented, dedicated, creative and outstanding individuals to join its team. The team’s expertise will cover all areas of communications including, corporate communications, public relations, social media, marketing, member communications, publications and events. We work on a campaign basis so you need to be a team player, as you will work closely with your colleagues, other departments and our 200,000 members. Freemasons raise £44m in charitable donations and give 5 million hours of volunteer time a year – so there is a lot to shout about – and much to be proud of. If you are looking for a new challenge, which will positively change your career, then look no further than a position at the United Grand Lodge of England.
- Create and optimise targeted digital marketing campaigns to drive new member acquisition and existing member retention
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of online marketing activity
- Collect and analyse data in order to identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum impact in our marketing campaigns
- Keep up-to-date with current technologies and initiatives pertinent to online marketing
- Optimising keywords, copy and landing pages for paid search engine marketing campaigns
- Tracking, reporting and analysing website analytics and campaigns
- Creation of written marketing material and collateral for UGLE. Ensure that all marketing materials promote the UGLE brand and are produced in line with UGLE’s corporate branding and strategic narrative
- Be responsible for keeping the brand guidelines up-to-date
- Creating and sending email campaigns to the agreed targeted audience
- Monitor industry trends, website developments and competitor strategies
- Ensure that the website and social content is up-to-date, writing content as required in line with SEO strategy
- Responsible for the building and deployment of email calendars, campaigns and effective email programmes, to increase member loyalty
- Drive traffic to UGLE’s websites using paid and organic acquisition channels, whilst optimising landing pages and the user experience
- Assist in the development of marketing campaigns
- Manage the campaign schedule with the Website Content Manager to ensure it is executed in a timely manner
- Ensure that key information such as target audience, message development and value proposition is identified and provided at an appropriate time to conduct effective marketing campaigns
- Helping the Website Content Manager update UGLE’s websites with regular content
- Enhance imagery (e.g. via Photoshop)
Must have skills:
- You will have at least 1-year experience and tangible success in managing digital campaigns and experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) plus implementing click funnels and optimising journeys. Experience with Adwords, SEO tools and email platforms is necessary.
- You will be someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling you to work with colleagues co-operatively and collaboratively in the team and across the organisation.
- You will have the ability to work closely with the existing team and key partners to deliver a creative digital marketing strategy that engages UGLE’s members and members of the public by showcasing the benefits of Freemasonry across all media channels.
- You will have a flexible approach both to the type of work undertaken and working hours as required to meet team objectives and ultimately customer needs, taking ownership and responsibility for work and performance. You will demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate resilience and present yourself in a professional manner at all times
- An understanding of email, push, web-push and SMS marketing, from creative development through to measurement desirable
£22,000 gross per annum plus the following benefits package:
BUPA private medical cover
Pension (3.5% employee & 9% employer contributions – increasing to 12%)
Free Life Assurance
Holiday (25 days increasing to 30 days)
Interest free season ticket loan
Gym membership (subsidised)
Employee Assistance Programme
This is a full time role so the successful applicant will work Monday to Friday 35 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
CVs received without a covering letter will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is close of business on Tuesday 24 September 2019.