United Grand Lodge of England seeks a Communications Executive. You will play a vital support role in the new strategic development of UGLE’s communications and marketing strategy by being a key point of contact for its members
In order to achieve this the candidate will support the Communications Manager by helping to build relationships with new, potential and existing members.
The United Grand Lodge of England – the governing body for Freemasonry in England and Wales – is entering an exciting new phase in its 300-year history as it seeks to change the perception of Freemasonry and encourage the public to see modern Freemasonry through its core values of Friendship, Charity, Respect and Integrity. In order to achieve this the Communications and Marketing team is seeking to attract some talented, dedicated, creative and outstanding individuals to join its team. The team’s expertise will cover all areas of communications including, corporate communications, public relations, social media, marketing, member communications, publications and events. We work on a campaign basis so you need to be a team player as you will work closely with your colleagues, other departments and our 200,000 members. Freemasons raise £44m in charitable donations and give 5 million hours of volunteer time a year – so there is a lot to shout about – and much to be proud of. If you are looking for a new challenge, which will positively change your career, then look no further than a position at the United Grand Lodge of England.
- Supporting the Communications Manager to develop and implement strategies to build recruitment and aid retention of members, and to improve the member experience
- Track member activity and report stats back to the Communications Manager
- Continuously improve a member’s experience, ensuring team members are effectively supported with data analysis, materials and impact stories, for use during face-to-face, over-the-phone and email communications
- Be one of the main points of contact for Provincial Communications Officers and handle their queries and requests in a timely manner. You will ensure they are fully informed and equipped to deliver UGLE national initiatives. You will also collate information from Provincial Communications Officers (PCOs) and feedback this information to the Communications Manager
- Assisting the Communications Manager with the ongoing development of PCO skills to keep them up-to-date with communications trends to best serve their Provinces and Lodges
- Help maintain the new PCO database with the timely inputting of data
- Help create and develop new communications toolkits for the PCOs. Keep all communications toolkits up-to-date and relevant at all times and ensure they are loaded to the new membership website
- Act as an ambassador for UGLE and champion its work at events and other face-to-face channels including regular visits to the Provinces to engage with PCOs.
- Help with the implementation of the annual PCO Forum
- Help to distribute the weekly bUGLE bulletin to members
- Help the Communications Manager to build a new membership website for the use of UGLE members
- Write and collate blogs for the new member website
- You will create and publish engaging content on UGLE’s new members’ website to help increase member engagement
- Help with the new UGLE Annual Report to gather statistics, imagery etc.
- Collate regular feedback from members of the value of their membership and associated benefits via surveys and face-to-face meetings
- Liaising with designers to produce all corporate collateral
- Send out any UGLE surveys required in the absence of the marketing executive
Must have skills:
- You will be someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling you to work with colleagues co-operatively and collaboratively in the team and across the organisation. You will have the ability to work closely with the existing team and key partners to deliver a strategy that engages both UGLE’s members and members of the public by showcasing the benefits of Freemasonry
- You will have a flexible approach both to the type of work undertaken and working hours as required to meet team objectives and ultimately member needs, taking ownership and responsibility for work and performance. You will demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate resilience and present yourself in a professional manner at all times
- You will be creative and have excellent writing and proof reading skills. Experience in Mailchimp, WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
Must have experience:
- Masonic knowledge and experience
£22,000 gross per annum plus the following benefits package:
BUPA private medical cover
Pension (3.5% employee & 9% employer contributions – increasing to 12%)
Free Life Assurance
Holiday (25 days increasing to 30 days)
Interest free season ticket loan
Gym membership (subsidised)
Employee Assistance Programme
This is a full time role so the successful applicant will work Monday to Friday 35 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
CVs received without a covering letter will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is close of business on Tuesday 24 September 2019.