United Grand Lodge seeks an administrator on an initial 6-month fixed-term contract (potential extension dependant on post holder) to provide maternity cover in the Secretariat Department
The role is available now, to train alongside the post holder.
The principal focus of the role is the administration of the approval process for changes to Lodge and Chapter By-Laws throughout the Constitution. In line with the Department’s aim to multiskill all the staff so that they may each cover the absence of colleagues, there will be a requirement to develop an understanding of many aspects of the administration of Freemasonry in the Provinces and Districts.
The successful applicant will work 9am–5pm in an open-plan office at Freemasons’ Hall, Great Queen Street. He or she will:
- Possess a meticulous eye for detail.
- Be able to work alone under pressure and to immovable deadlines.
- Be willing and able to contribute to the team at times of heavy demand, reprioritising their own work as necessary.
- Possess tact, diplomacy, and advanced interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have knowledge of the administration of a Masonic Lodge and Chapter, and the ceremonial aspects of ritual.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook, and be otherwise IT literate to adapt to bespoke systems and databases (training will be given).
Please note that the Department is not receptive to applications from smokers.
Competitive salary and terms package applies.
Please attach your curriculum vitae to a letter comprising no more than two sides of A4 (minimum font size 11), which sets out what skills and qualities you can add to the team, and evidence of how these skills have been demonstrated in a previous role. Send to:
Mrs E. Gay
Head of HR
United Grand Lodge of England
60 Great Queen Street
The closing date for applications is Friday 15 October 2016