On the death of Sir Watkin Williams Wynn in 1885, the then Grand Master, HRH Albert Edward, Prince of Wales (afterwards Edward VII), decided that, due to the large increase of lodges within both North Wales and Shropshire, it should be divided into two independent provinces. He appointed Sir Offley Wakeman as Provincial Grand Master for Shropshire and William Richard, 2nd Lord Harlech, as Provincial Grand Master for North Wales.
Last year it was decided that the province would mark this anniversary by presenting a fully equipped minibus to the Hope House Children’s Hospice at Oswestry, to replace the one they had presented ten years ago.
An appeal to members raised £50,000, which not only covers the cost of the minibus and equipment, but also the running and maintenance costs for some years to come. The presentation took place at Freemasons’ Hall, Shrewsbury.