Pro First Grand Principal Peter Lowndes enjoyed a special visit to the Bahamas for the Consecration of Chapter of Unity No. 8760
Companions in Nassau petitioned to Supreme Grand Chapter to form a new Royal Arch Chapter to be attached to Lodge of Unity No. 8760 and were granted a Warrant in November 2017. The Consecration was scheduled to be part of the visit of the Pro Grand Master to the Bahamas for the Regional District Grand Masters’ Conference and the Installation of the new District Grand Master and Grand Superintendent for Bahamas & Turks.
Before the Chapter was opened, the Grand Director of Ceremonies, E Comp Oliver Lodge, announced to the Companions assembled that it was a special event that had not happened for almost 15 years. The Companions were also informed that this would be the first Royal Arch Consecration that ME Comp Peter Lowndes, Pro First Grand Principal, had performed as the Consecrating Officer.
The Consecrating Team included:
- ME Comp Peter Geoffrey Lowndes, Pro1stGPrincipal - Zerubbabel
- E Comp James R. Bain, BEM, JP, GSupt (Bahamas & Turks) - Haggai
- E Comp Walter H. Scott, QC, GSupt (Jamaica & Cayman Islands) - Joshua
- E Comp William E. Shackell, CBE, GSE - Grand Scribe Ezra
- E Comp Robert W. Rego, GInsp (Bermuda) - Grand Scribe Nehemiah
- E Comp Oliver A. W. Lodge, TD, PGSN, GDC - Grand Director of Ceremonies
- E Comp Sebastian C. E. A. Madden, PDepGDC - Deputy Grand Director of Ceremonies
- E Comp Peter D. Cole, PGSupt (Bahamas & Turks) - Grand Janitor
The Founding Principals are E Comp Carl W. Z. Bethel, QC, PGStB – MEZ; E Comp Duane H. E. Murray, PGStB, DistGDC – H, and E Comp Gerald A. Sawyer – J. This was also the last official function for E Comp James R. Bain before retiring as Grand Superintendent in and over Bahamas & Turks, as his successor, E Comp Robert C. Deal, was installed two days thereafter on 24 March 2018.
This was the third new Chapter consecrated during his term as Grand Superintendent – one each in Abaco, Providenciales and Nassau, thereby increasing the number to seven overall.
The Consecration and Festive Board were joyous, seeing over 100 Companions from England, Bahamas, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Guyana, Barbados, Anguilla, Canada and more – celebrating the consecration of a new Royal Arch Chapter.